Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Let's Pretend I Remembered to Post this on April 27th...

I wrote the following a week ago... but forgot to post. Having "Baby Brain" is super!!

Hoppy Easter!

I'm very glad to report that Joe came back from Kentucky in one piece!! He did return with a cold but luckily I didn't pick it up and he seems to be on the mend. And as if things weren't presently busy/hectic/etc enough, one of the kitties decided to require the services of a veterinarian. Poor Hudsy somehow acquired a urinary tract infection, he had been leaving some "presents" nearby the litterbox and we noticed some blood in his urine so I asked a lady at work where to go for vet services and she suggested Northwoods Vet. I was very impresseed with the service we received there, the veterinarian even called me later the next day to let me know about the lab results... my doctor doesn't even do that! As result, we've been force-feeding Hudson daily pills, it takes both of us to hold him down and (usually) multiple attempts at prying open his mouth and dropping in a rather large, smelly pill. He's not thrilled about the process, who could blame him, but seems mostly unfazed afterward. Sick-kitty-requiring-pills meant that we had to wait until Saturday to go to Myrtle Beach for Easter and had to go back fairly early on Sunday. We had a nice time regardless, it was great seeing everyone and we enjoyed some yummy food too! Izaak's youngest cousin, Aydan, is walking now and has lost a lot of the chub that he had the last time we saw him. He's looking more like a little boy and less like a baby already!! Izaak seems to prefer riding in my ribs (meaning: he's kicking/pressing on my left side near my ribs until I'm cranky and can't think straight due to ouchiness) during car trips however so I think that'll be the last longish trip I take until he gets here. I was wiped out from being so uncomfortable! Even the ride to work and back seems to encourage unwanted rib-jangling. Right now he might be swimming laps while hiccuping - that's what it feels like anyhow :)

I'm currently 33w 2d along, and my next doctor's appointment is tomorrow- just a routine check-up. We've been trying to check off items on our To-Do-Before-Baby-Arrives List this week. We stopped at Barnes & Noble on Monday and picked up a couple of baby instruction booklets (and dessert from the cafe!). We still need to meet Izaak's pediatrician (we picked one based on a recommendation from a coworker and discussing the choice with my doctor), we'd like to do a hospital tour (and I still need to finish filling out the hospital pre-admittance paperwork - it's been on the kitchen table waiting for me for a little while now), and we need to pick out a daycare. Yesterday, Joe ordered a video monitoring system - he put a lot of research into finding a decent one and it's technically a "security system", not a baby monitor, but reading online reviews of other people who've used it as such seemed pretty positive. It's seems that some companies, in general, are taking shortcuts and producing crappy baby merchandise for inflated prices simply because they know they can - none of the actual video "baby monitors" seem like they're remotely well-built. And I finally picked out and ordered a changing table/dresser! I was fed up with Craigslist not having what I want (the nerve!!) and admittedly, I am a bit picky, so I did some more online perusing and found what looks like the perfect piece on Amazon. The price seemed a little steep though so I searched a bit more and found it for a substantially better price at a different website... yay for my bargain-shopping skills! Now we have to wait for it to ship and hopefully arrive in beautiful condition, awaiting Joe's expert assembly skills. Plus, Joe's parents have offered to pick up the tab on this purchase, BONUS! of which we are very excited and grateful for!!

In other news, my hair is getting long and heavy so I'm contemplating cutting it into a shorter 'do again. The convenience of the much-loved ponytail is the only thing stopping me at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment