Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Crib Has Arrived!

The crib arrived yesterday! We haven’t put it together yet but very excited that it’s finally here!! Joe and I have been considering putting the crib in our room for the first couple of months after the baby’s arrival but I think we’ve ultimately decided to use the Pack ‘N Play’s bassinet for that purpose instead. We'll see what actually happens when Izaak has joined us :)

Now that the crib is here, I feel like I need to focus on getting it decked out. I’ve purchased a couple of fitted sheets and currently am on the hunt for a crib skirt- have not been lucky in this realm. It really only needs to have two qualities:
1. I must like it.
2. It needs to not cost a small fortune
.
It doesn’t seem like too much to ask for but from what I’ve seen so far, I may have to resort to making one! I stumbled across a how-to video on YouTube on crib skirt construction (sans sewing machine!) and it turned out fairly decent. I consider myself to be crafty, so I may decide to go that route if something better doesn’t come along. Also still looking for a cushion for the rocking chair with the same requirements as the crib skirt. No luck there either. I need more hours in the day (and some energy) so I can work on these fun tasks!

My next dr’s appointment is on the 17th. At that point, I will be at 27 weeks and 3 days. They will be doing another ultrasound as there was a bit of fluid on the baby’s kidneys last time and though it wasn’t substantial and is not uncommon, they want to keep an eye on it. After this, I’ll be going to appointments every other week instead of once a month like I’ve been doing. The dr’s office has been great about scheduling my appts late in the day so I don’t have to miss work for them.

In other news, I actually slept pretty solid last night and don’t recall waking up once! This is a bonus considering I’ve been having some pain on one side near my ribs and usually have to get up at least once for a trip to the bathroom anyhow. I didn’t hear any neighbors yelling, didn’t feel any kitties dancing, don’t even remember dreaming. Fabulous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment