Sunday, March 20, 2011

Accomplishments!

Not only did I score an 82-point Scrabble word today ("EXILE", the "X" was on a triple-letter-score and the word itself also resided on a triple-word-score) and enjoyed fresh strawberries over french vanilla ice cream for breakfast, I feel like we're getting a lot accomplished! I'm please to report that I finally got my stuff together and conquered the mess that was my office; I organized, cleaned, put stuff away and moved my computer station, in turn allowing space for the futon to join the party. So now, my little office/studio also doubles (triples??) as our guest room. I'm trying to look at it as a positive change, I mean how convenient will it be for me when I'm painting or doing freelance work and suddenly need a nap... I don't even have to leave the room and I now have a comfy space to rest my head! More importantly, with the futon out of the nursery, crib construction could finally commence:













Joe had the many pieces and cryptic instruction booklet dominated in no time and we even figured out how to put the breatheable bumper/sheet set that we picked up yesterday on the crib! I also want to note that even though I don't have any photo-proof this time, our fuzzy friend, Zeke, was quite *helpful* during the process and immediately tried out the mattress for comfort and sleep-ability once everything was assembled. I'm pretty sure he gave it two furry thumbs up. The crib is really nice; a sturdy and handsome piece of furniture that should last for quite some time as it grows with our little guy and converts to a toddler bed, a day bed, and finally a full-sized bed. While doing some online shopping for a dresser/changing table, I also noticed that it's "out of stock" at the website we purchased it at - I'm so glad we ordered it when we did!!

Other accomplishments: Joe finished tiling the bathroom and it looks fantastic! I can't wait for the kitchen to get the same royal treatment. We've got some tomatoes and a couple other things growing in a little garden, we'll see how my brown thumb does for plant growth this year. I've got two paintings in the mental-works for the baby's room and another planned out for the living room. I tend to suffer from having too many ideas and not being able to focus on one long enough to see the idea to fruition but I think all three of these are winners - now just the tiny matter of getting the paint applied to the canvas...

Yesterday, I was convinced that Izaak was secretly plotting to slowly kill me. He had (what I assume were) his toes shoved up in my ribs for most of the day which makes things like breathing, sitting, standing, walking, existing, etc pretty painful. Torturing me in preparation for the future perhaps?? Fortunately, he was better behaved today and allowed me to get the above mentioned stuff done.

Tomorrow morning, I go in for a routine glucose test at the doctor's office to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. From what I understand, it involves me not having any sugar this evening or tomorrow morning (so everything that I'm craving right now contains sugar and is therefore off-limits) and drinking a bunch of some gross stuff when I get to the doctor's office tomorrow followed by waiting for an hour and having some blood drawn. Sweet (pun intended).

Joe and I signed up for a birthing awareness class for next Saturday, hopefully we'll pick up some good tips on pain management and such. By the way, my doctor's appointment last Thursday went very well, Izaak's kidneys look fine, everything looks normal, and we got a bunch more adorable (yet I must admit, they are a little bit creepy to me still!) sonogram pictures of which I will have to post in the next installment as it's getting late and I'm about ready for Mr Sandman to bring me a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment