Saturday, August 20, 2011

Izaak is 2 Months Old!

I've been posting tons of pics but haven't had much time to write much of an update. As one could likely determine from the pictures, our little dude is happy, healthy, and thriving! He had his 2-month well-baby doctor's appointment yesterday (though he's 9 weeks old, technically) and got three vaccine shots and one oral vaccine. He was a bit sleepy and grumpy afterward but seems to be nearly back to normal now. The doc says that he's doing very well. We were concerned that perhaps at 14 lbs he was getting a bit beefy - she said he's fine. Though he's obviously getting plenty to eat, we've been having issues with him fussing during feedings sometimes (crying, arching his back, pushing away the bottle then crying about being hungry, clawing and howling, etc) so she prescribed some Zantac for "silent reflux". Hopefully, the meds will solve the issue. Izaak is usually a happy-go-lucky bugger who lights up our lives with his gummy little smile, giggles, and coos!!

Besides gaining weight, our little chunk is now 23 1/2" in height and his head circumference is 16". He's in the 75th percentile for height and head circumference and 95th for weight. I'd like to think some of his weight gain is muscle. His neck is getting much stronger, he rolls over from his stomach to his back (though hates "tummy time"!), and he even stands and "walks" with Daddy's assistance!

I went back to work last week and Izaak started daycare. We've survived both unscathed so far! I am back part-time, only 3-days a week for awhile. There's plenty for me to do, I bet work would be happier if I was working double full-time but are luckily accepting of me wanting to spend more time at home with the kiddo. And I'm very happy to report that daycare is going swimmingly! We feel sooo fortunate to have found Joni and Larry, Izaak's caretakers, who are super caring and thoughtful. It's incredibly comforting to know that Izaak is in such great hands while I'm at work.

Joe took me out to dinner to a nice restaurant for our 6th anniversary this evening, a little place called FIG (Food Is Good) that serves amazingly delish food. Izaak came with and was a sleeping angel while we enjoyed our culinary delights.

Figured I could end this post with some more pics, enjoy!


 




No comments:

Post a Comment