Monday, August 1, 2011

Catching Up!







We've been busy since the last update! First off, I'm happy to say that we've finally figured out childcare for Izaak!! This is a huge accomplishment and a giant load off my mind. I will be returning to work on August 15th (Joe's birthday, by the way) and my schedule is going to be part-time for a while so Izaak will only require somebody else's care three days a week initially. We found an ad on Craigslist from a retired couple wanting to look after a newborn. Though I've used the website many times, I'm always a bit skeptical and cautious of what is offered on Craigslist but we met with the couple (they seem very kind and Izaak looked relaxed and happy with them), talked to the mother of the last baby that they used to care for (she gave a glowing review) and we did a background check. They are affordable, Izaak will be the only one that they're caring for and they've agreed to pick him up in the morning! The only stumbling block that we had seen about this situation was that they're 12 miles in the opposite direction from our workplace but it won't be so bad if we're only making the trip once a day instead of twice.

In other news, my dear friend Megan came to visit us this past weekend! I had lived with her and her husband when she was pregnant with her son, Hunter (who is now nearly 7 years old!!), until they moved to St Louis to be closer to family when Hunter was 6 months old. They got me out of a bad situation, they were wonderful all around and I am forever in their debt for their kindness!! Megan is the "baby whisperer" too. Fussy baby? Megan will make it better! We had a fun time hanging out and she even babysat for an afternoon while Joe and I went to see the last Harry Potter movie and allowed us to enjoy a couple of hours to ourselves, sans infant.

Speaking of "infant", he is starting to make some noises from his swing so I better wrap this up for now. Below are some more recent pictures and I'll try to post more as I'm able. I have some pictures from my parents visit that I still need to get posted as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment