Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Still here!

Look who's ready to be changed!
I had an appt with the dr yesterday and will have another tomorrow. To sum up: Izaak is still not ready to come out on his own!! Tomorrow's appt will determine if/when the induction date will be set for, probably some time next week. I was hooked up to a monitor for awhile at the appt yesterday to determine if I'm having any contractions (which I correctly had told them I wasn't) and to see how the baby's heartbeat is doing over a longer period of time - fine and dandy. My dr's advice yesterday was to enjoy the rest of the day and she suggested I hit up the outlet mall. Far be it from me to want to disobey the dr's orders so I met up with my friend, Lori, for lunch and meandering around. It was quite hot and I was a sweaty mess but I had a lovely time regardless!

Trying to sleep last night was another matter entirely. I couldn't get comfortable, I was too warm, and Joe was snoring (which he either doesn't do very often or I'm usually asleep before the log-sawing begins). I tried sleeping on the futon with a fan aimed at me but it was noisy and I'd only get about 30 mins of sleep at a time before waking up uncomfortable and irritated, half the time because I needed to get up to use the bathroom, yet again. Did I drink 5 gallons of water before bedtime? Not that I recall! I finally was able to sleep for a few solid hours after I crawled back in bed after Joe got up to go to work. Hopefully, Izaak was uncomfortable too and will want to leave his cozy surroundings soon!

HUGE and still going to the
neighborhood pool.... so there!
Today, I've been working on cleaning up clutter and doing laundry. This pre-baby "extra time" is probably a blessing in disguise. Sure I'm uncomfortable and can't move very fast but I'm getting a mini-vacation out of the deal, I get to enjoy some quiet me-time (even though it is filled with cleaning and other such mundane tasks!!) and I think it's about time to head to the swimming pool again!

No comments:

Post a Comment