Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dr Visit #83 (or so)

My doctor didn't have good news for me. She didn't have bad news exactly, baby is doing fine and I'm ok, but baby is content where he is and seemingly has no plans to make his grand debut quite yet. (Meaning: no signs of dilation yet, thus making me feel like a failure... come on self, get this birthing thing figured out already!!). I'm still planning for Friday to be my last day of work. My next appt is Tuesday morning. Maybe Izaak and I will have stuff figured out by then. The doctor mentioned again that she didn't want me to go past 41 weeks but my cervix needs to start making some progress before she can really push things along for a natural birth. Awesome. And she estimates that he's at least 8lbs already. Any day now, kiddo! I've heard from a number of people that first-born boys tend to be on the later side. I guess it's comforting that I'm not the only preggo with a baby who's taking his sweet time!!

I got a package in the mail from my sister today, it contained a pretty sterling and green-blue glass beaded bracelet for me and an adorable hand-made knitted and stuffed creature for Izaak - his first stuffed animal! I think it's name will be "Creature" or "Thing" or "Sam"... I can't decide. Oh, I think I decided on a name for the new car too, "Clive Carwen".

I'm still plagued by weird dreams. Here's what I remember of my dream from last night (warning, it rambles and doesn't make any sense): I was shopping at Nordstrom’s for a new purse and scarf but I couldn’t afford anything and as I wandered, it kind of morphed into a Target store and now I wanted to buy something for Izaak (specifically, Box #26… no idea what that means, but there was some cool stuff in it) and I couldn’t find a box that hadn’t already been opened – thus missing cool stuff - and somehow ended up shopping for skate/BMX shoes at some other store with a couple guys for about 5 minutes but there was a whole wall of shoes that were missing and then I was wandering through a fancy-schmancy restaurant where they were serving up swan… it was still alive and changed colors, its feet were stuck in Jello so it couldn’t go anywhere. I wasn’t sure if the people were actually going to eat the swan, I think I reasoned it out that it was just a decoration. And at some point, one of my friends was a cat and I gave her a blanket... Is it really any wonder why I wake up disoriented and exhausted??

Joe is grouting the tile in the kitchen right now. We're so close to having our kitchen back, I'm so excited! And hungry. Time to go forage the fridge (still in the living room) for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment