Thursday, April 14, 2011

Great News!

No gestational diabetes for me!! I had another routine appt at the dr today (I've been to the dr more in the past 6 months than the combined total of visits throughout my life so far I think) and Izaak and I are both doing great. The glucose test numbers were good, my blood pressure is 121 over 82 - a little high for me but not bad, Izaak's heart-rate was at 147, which the doctor said is good. I asked what the deal is with my crazy rib pains and she said that while it sucks, it's not uncommon or dangerous, probably some membrane tearing internally but luckily we're getting toward the end of the pregnancy so there's end in sight! Was that supposed to be comforting?? It's good to know it's not hurting the little squirt at least. And to celebrate the fact that my body can indeed process sugar, I stopped at Chick fil A on the way home for a banana pudding milkshake!! It even has Nilla wafers in it... heavenly ;)

My due date is 2 months away! As my mind was wandering today (me get distracted? what?!), I realized that even though it feels like I've been pregnant forever, it's really only occupied my every waking thought for the past 6 months. My sense of time is terrible. It seems like it should improve at some point but I've yet to have any success. I'm constantly on an unpredictable temporal roller-coaster, slow, slow slow, fast, crazy, upside down, slow, slow, fast!!, etc. I often wish I had a time-equalizer. That, and a self-cleaning litterbox. Man, those kitties of mine are poo-machines!

Upcoming things to look forward to (other than a new member of the family!)

  1. Looks like my parents are going to be able to visit - for the first time since we moved to Charleston - from July 3-12!
  2. I think we're going to Joe's parent's place in Myrtle Beach for Easter and Joe's sister's family will be there too!
  3. Joe will be home on Tuesday!!

Speaking of time-warping, it's almost 8 o'clock and I still have freelance work to do and I need to finish my taxes. [sigh!]

No comments:

Post a Comment