Monday, April 2, 2012

IKEA, Carrabba's, Dakota, Flying, Curtains, and MORE!

Cute! Why don't we have an IKEA? Probably so I don't get in trouble for getting Izaak a bunch of super cool stuff!!! Haha :) Izee is an adventurous eater but hasn't been too happy with being forced to eat some baby food still. He seems to enjoy his puffs, loves his Baby Mum Mums, usually likes yogurts melts, but mostly would like to eat what you're eating. Dinner time is a messy affair! We went to Carrabba's recently and let me tell you, that kid can put down some bread!
Joe and Izee while waiting for a table

Izaak is very excited to see Dakota, our neighbor-dog!

Posing with a cute onesie and ABC train from Joe's Aunt Michele and Uncle Bob!
Over the weekend, Izaak and I met up with our friend, Lori, and finally got to meet her adorable 2-month old son, Beckett!! He is absolutely precious and I can't wait until the kiddos can have an actual playdate! We don't have any photographic proof that we met up, but I assure you that it happened! (Way to drop the ball on not recording cute moments, moms!) It's always nice to catch up with Lori, I used to work at the company she works for and we had neighboring cubes up until I decided to take another job elsewhere, because it offered a more attractive salary and benefits... what a jerk I am! I used to workout at lunchtime with her rather than going out to eat every day too. Guess how the butt-size correlation goes for me with that equation? Hint: NOT GOOD! Hmmmm.... maybe I can get my under-paid job back???

The big news is that I bought an airplane ticket to Phoenix for Izaak and I to go meet his Great Grandma Dorothy and my Aunt Jordana and cousin, Alex and of course to see his Grandma and Grandpa Waters towards the end of the month!! We'll just be visiting for a long weekend but it should be a wonderful time. I'm a little nervous about traveling with him on my own - Joe is going to be setting up fireworks in Louisville that week - but I'm sure we'll be fine. I've mentally packed the "important" stuff at least fifty times and I'll make a physical list as the date nears!! 

Other notes of (in)significance: I bought a Dyson DC25 vacuum (on clearance from Target.com with free shipping) and LOOOOOVE IT!!!!; my Mac mini is driving me crazy due to its slow performance and inability to multi-task efficiently so I ordered a new laptop last weekend that I'm super excited about, it's a Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 and I got a great deal on it too (I saved over $500+ free shipping!)... the Adobe software that I'm going to have to pay retail price for on the other hand, is going to break the bank. At least I'll be able to write it off on my taxes next year! My 2011 tax refund is what allowed the new "toys", by the way. And we finally got some curtains for the living room. Who's an adult now?! Seriously, I think curtains = adult. Poor Izaak. How's he going to turn out with a mother who thinks it's perfectly acceptable to "convert" bedsheets into curtains as long as you use a respectable curtain rod? I swear that I got brand-new, "real" curtains, not even from a discount store for the living room though. I really hated spending so much on the things though they were about the cheapest option I could find and they do look nice enough. They are totally bland and do their job (i.e. filter light) but now I'm going to have to get a "real" curtain for the back door too because the bedsheet I had repurposed stands out like a sore thumb. Ok, enough ranting about the dumb curtains! Clearly, I need to sort this issue out with a trained professional or something. 

To wrap things up, and I've probably already mentioned this but, I'd like to let you know that Izaak is the sweetest thing on the planet and I'm a better person for having him in my life. It floors me how over the moon I am about him! Even when he's being a little terror!! He pulls my hair relentlessly if I carelessly wear it not in a ponytail, he rips my glasses from my face, I can't wear necklaces anymore, he jabs his grubby little paws anywhere he's able! A couple days ago, he poked Joe in the eye. With his finger. And said poking managed to scratch his eye. How does that happen?! Izaak is fast like lightning! We tease that "He is the Brute Squad" (a quote from "The Princess Bride" in reference to Andre the Giant.

No comments:

Post a Comment