Saturday, October 1, 2011

Today's Musings

SMOOCHES!
It's about 6am on a Saturday and I'm wide awake. Izaak requested a bottle around 5am and is now napping on the futon behind me. He's doing pretty well about "sleeping through the night", if only I could talk him into sleeping later through the morning on weekends!! We're dog-sitting for the neighbors this weekend so I'll have to be up soon anyhow to take Dakota, our "step-dog", for a walk with Joe and the baby. And who was already asleep by 10pm last night? Oh, right. That was me. There was a time that I was just getting to my evening destination by 10pm!


Baby-Weight  (bay-bee wayt) noun: something that sounds as if it were adorable… yet is the complete opposite.

I regret to report that my baby weight is no longer falling off. A bunch disappeared in the weeks after Izaak joined us in the breathing world (over half of the weight I had gained was gone in the first two weeks) and more had dropped since but now the ugly number on the evil weighing device won’t budge in the correct direction. I’m too big for most of my normal clothes and I refuse to wear maternity clothes. I don’t particularly want to buy anything in my present size either since it would mean accepting my current girth. I’m stuck with wearing the same couple of things over and over and sometimes borrowing t-shirts from Joe when I’m not forced to wear work-clothes. I have one pair of jeans that fit. One pair. I'm accustomed to having at least a dozen pairs to choose from! I need to figure out how to convince myself to eat smaller portions. I’m ravenous by the time mealtime comes around and inhale my food like a feral creature. [Are you picturing me sitting on my haunches and snarling while eating only with my “paws”? I am. Maybe this is my wake-up call!] I also need to figure out a way to fit in more exercise. Apparently, walking the baby around the neighborhood in a stroller a couple times a week isn’t cutting it! I find myself sitting around with the baby a lot when I’m home and I’m parked in front of the computer all day at work. Perhaps I’ll have a better time with this issue when the kiddo is more on-the-go.

Izaak has been doing better with his tummy the past couple of days and he is just so stinkin’ cute! I’m sure I’m a bit biased but I really do think he’s the cat’s meow. It’s so cool seeing him discovering new things.  I was discussing with Joe about how I was so unsure of what to do with the baby at first -  and I’m still fairly clueless – but I feel more confident and Izaak is so far pretty happy and healthy. Instead of fretting about every little thing and constantly worrying about “is this normal?!”, I’m enjoying the baby. And honestly, even the pesky baby weight is worth every minute of time spent with our little bundle of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment