Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Put A Ring On It!

Joe and I celebrated our 7-year anniversary of dating with a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant downtown (Magnolias) while Izaak was spending some quality time hanging out with our friends, the McClams, at their house (thanks again, Lori and Drew!!). After a delicious meal, sans toddler, we wandered down to the end of the pier to see if there were any dolphins jumping in the water (there weren't) and wandered some more and stopped to linger at the kid-filled pineapple fountain then wandered some more down to the bottle shop we like. We made it back to the car with only minor blisters (mine) and then back to the McClams to pick up our little prince. I've been hoping for the past couple years that Joe would propose marriage but it hadn't happened so I wasn't terribly surprised that he hadn't asked me again, even though our anniversary seemed like a good time and there were ample opportunities this evening. So, imagine my shock when I was just climbing into bed and he got down on one knee and presented me with a jewelry box containing a beautiful ring!! I, of course, happily said yes!!!

I was really beginning to think that I'd have to ask him!

No comments:

Post a Comment