Saturday, June 23, 2012

We’ve Got a 1-Year-Old!


Birthday boy, playing with a party hat
"I AM 1"

Izaak’s 1st birthday went off without a hitch. We had a Paul Frank-themed party for him on Saturday, June 16th, he had a great turnout of party guests and we had lots of fun! Joe’s parents and Joe’s sister and family came down from Myrtle Beach and Charlotte; our friend, Smith joined us; my friend Lori and her family we able to make it; our neighbors, Michael and Jenn showed up; and Joe’s homebrew buddy, Justin and his family also made an appearance! Besides TONS of food, I also baked the cupcakes. They were made from a box of strawberry and a box of lemon cakemix. I divided each cakemix in half and added some neon food coloring then layered the batter in the cupcake papers in order to have multicolored cupcakes and made a delicious lemon-cream cheese frosting to top them with. I added some Nerds candy on top for sprinkles and used some Paul Frank plastic ring cupcake toppers that I purchased from ebay to finish the effect. I think they turned out ok, they were cute at very least! Izaak got tons of presents, he was thoroughly spoiled and had so much fun hanging out with his cousins and friends!
SUPER IZAAK!
(Adorable outfit from Erika Lechner)

 
Playing with and opening presents!


The cupcakes!

We had a little too much fun in Party City...

No comments:

Post a Comment