Thursday, September 22, 2011

Status Update (Freshly Edited!)


This will be explained at the end of the post...
 I really am terrible about keeping up with this blog... anyhow, Izaak is taking a nap on me right now so figured it would be a good time for a quick post! Our little guy is getting huge, by the way, and already weighs over fifteen pounds. Hard to believe that he's over three months old now.

Unfortunately, he's been having some tummy troubles. This causes me to sometimes sleep on the couch at night with him in his bouncer chair on the floor next to me so that I'm able to comfort him quickly when he wakes up whimpering - and I don't have to stumble across the house to his room to do so. It's agonizing to not know what to do to fix whatever is bothering him. We just switched his formula to a sensitive type and I think its helping at least. And we're using the generic version so its saving a bit of money too. (I googled his fussiness and somebody mentioned that a particular store-brand worked well for their gassy baby). Other than that, hes a pretty happy boy and flashes lots of gummy grins and little shrieks of amusement!

"Izee" has outgrown most all of his 0-3 mos clothing and we've firmly moved on to his 3-6 month wardrobe. Besides being a bit round, he's getting tall too and has long tootsies... he's grown out of more socks than he's had time to wear. Granted, he doesn't seem to enjoy wearing socks or shoes at this point, but neither does his mother - so go figure!

Sadly, I've slowed down on the rate of picture-taking, though I do try to get new shots at least on the days I'm home with him and on the weekends. I'm still working part-time but it sounds like those days are numbered especially since I'm taking on more roles at work. It'll be nice to have bigger paychecks again but I'm sure that it won't outweigh the value of time spent with the kiddo. Crossing my fingers that I'll be able to do at least one weekday at home still!

The map at the top of the post is of the journey that I took Izaak on in his stroller not too long ago. Usually, we go for walks in the loop towards the upper right of the map (our neighborhood). And usually, wearing flip-flops is not a big deal. This time however, I decided to get a little adventurous and wander a bit. I knew that a particular road looped around eventually and ends up on the main road but I didn't realize how much longer it takes on foot than it does in a car!! I had developed blisters on the tops of my feet and between my toes about a third of the way in. I decided walking barefoot would feel better by the time the blisters had begun to bleed. By the time we got home, I also realized that walking on pavement for an extended period of time wears off a considerable amount of skin from your feet bottoms and concluded that I should've brought a bottle of water with me even though it was only in the lower 80s that day. One more piece of wisdom I picked up: make sure your cell phone is charged! I could've used the GPS on my phone to determine a quicker way home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment